Camping is a great way to experience the Australian bush, see native wildlife or just get outdoors and get away from it all for a day or 2. You can enjoy spectacular ocean views, listen to the peaceful sounds of the bush, gaze at the stars while toasting marshmallows over your camp fire, spot wildlife and enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities from bush walking to adventure sports.
The Mid West region has some great camping destinations, so why not grab a camper trailer and get away with the family for the weekend. Here are some places you could camp that are right here on our doorstep!
Flat Rocks Beach
- Basic camping site
- Toilets available
- 10 camping sites available, no bookings are required
- No water at site
- No camp fires available
- Located near the ocean so there are some great swimming and fishing spots.
- Sheltered Camp Sites
- Pit toilets and shower cubicle for using solar shower bags etc
- No water or power available
- Communal gas BBQ in the day use area
Cost: $7.00 per person per night, $6.00 Pensioner, U16 Free
- No electricity or running water
- The last 100m of road are dirt but is suitable for 2WD vehicles and caravans
- There is a dump point and dogs are allowed on a leash
Cost: $5 per night per spot (Limited to 3 days)